Recipe by Sackville
This is delicious anytime, but best in early summer when all the veggies are fresh from the garden! Serve with a nice salad and some crusty bread.
Top Review by - Pinot Noir -
I made this last night, and the only difficulty I had with it was getting the milk and flour to thicken while stirring it into the vegetables. I found it far more effective to stir it separately over a low heat and then add to the vegetables after it reached the proper consistency. Also, I added a pinch of nutmeg and 2 dried bay leaves to the milk, bechamel style, which was delicious! (just be sure to remove the bay leaves from the sauce before serving) Thank you for sharing this!
- 12 small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 16 baby carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup green beans or 1 cup yellow beans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and just cover with water.
- Boil covered until nearly tender, around 10-15 minutes.
- Add carrots, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add snow peas and beans.
- Cook 3 minutes longer or until veggies are tender.
- Dissolve flour in milk, stir into vegetables until thickened.
- Add salt, pepper and butter.