Kat's Mom's Note:
Is it a stew or soup? You decide. This is delicious & healthy and easy to make and tastes even better the next day. I use low-salt canned vegetables whenever possible. You can change out some of the ingredients to suit your familyï¿½s taste and what is on sale. This is my recipe inspired by Hamburger Stew by Chef #381241. A great way to s-t-r-e-t-c-h your budget!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2-2 lbs Italian sausage or 1 1/2-2 lbs kielbasa, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 4 cups water
- 8 ounces pasta, uncooked (elbow, shells or bow ties work well)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced potatoes, undrained or 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1/2 - 1 cup)
- 1 (14 ounce) can carrots, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed well
- 1In a very large pot, brown meat of your choice and garlic over medium heat.
- 2Drain off grease and return meat to the pot.
- 3Add remaining ingredients.
- 4Stir to combine.
- 5Over medium-high heat bring to a slight boil; reduce heat to low; cover.
- 6Continue simmering, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Hamburger Soup / Stew
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 474.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 21.4 g