1/1 Photo of Vegetable & Gravy Pot Roast
4 hrs 15 mins
Chef #1388279's Note:
You'll LOVE this recipe; it's delicious, full of flavor, and melts in your mouth! Enjoy--
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1587.57 g beef roast (chuck, round, or shoulder)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml dried basil, crushed
- 118.29 ml beef stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 907.18 g baby potatoes, half peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, wedges
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 4.92-9.85 ml salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven at 325 degrees. (or medium high heat stove).
- 2Trim fat from meat and sprinkle basil, sugar, salt, and pepper on roast.
- 3Brown all sides in olive oil in a 4-6 quart dutch oven.
- 4Add garlic and onions to bottom of pan.
- 5Mix beef stock, red wine, Worcestershire and pour over roast.
- 6Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer.
- 7Bake covered for 3 ½ hours.
- 8Add potatoes and carrots. Place roast on top of vegetables.
- 9Return to boil, reduce heat and let simmer.
- 10Bake covered another 30 minutes or more until tender.
- 11Transfer meat and vegetables to platter, reserve juices.
- 12Gravy: combine ½ cup water and flour into pot roast juices on medium heat until thickened, season to taste and serve over roast and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable & Gravy Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.8
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 344.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 52.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper