Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can reduce the fat in this dip by using reduced- or low-fat sour cream and mayonnaise. Baby carrots, sliced cucumbers, cauliflower florets and sliced bell peppers all make great dippers. Preparation time includes chilling time.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup radish, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- assorted raw vegetables, if desired (optional)
- whole wheat crackers, if desired (optional)
- In medium bowl, mix dip ingredients; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Serve with dippers; cover and refrigerate any remaining dip.
This was a great dip, and a great combination of vegetables. We love radishes in our house, so this ended up being a big winner. I did use low fat sour cream, as suggested in the intro, and I think it makes the dip just as good as a dip with regular sour cream.
Lainey, another winning dip from you to us! WOW, I luved the flavours of this summery, fresh dip! Mmmm, the green onion added such a nice bite and the bell pepper a great sweetness. I felt it was more than enough, so left out the sugar. The radishes also added a nice earthy, tart flavour and all in all this dip was just superb! Ill make it again! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it with us! Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag May 2010.
Wonderful, fresh tasting, dip which I'll be making again. I love the chopped vegetables in the dip - they result in great flavour and a beautiful colour. I used reduced-fat sour cream and mayo, and orange bell pepper, and substituted Splenda for sugar. I added about 1/4 tsp salt. Great recipe!