Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty veggie dish, I seen made on TV--it looked delicious. The recipe comes courtesy Pluto's Restaurant.
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 eggplant, 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch basil, fresh chopped
- 2 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cubed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat saute pan until very hot, add olive oil and heat, add onion, shallots, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT for balsamic vinegar, tomatoes and basil, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, tomatoes and basil and cook for 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste, enjoy.
Balsamac vinegar is a wonderful contrast to the tomato. This is a great way to use up those wonderful end of summer veggies. I served this with chickpeas and wished I had some brown rice. Great vegetarian dish, the meateaters will love it too. Really wonderful.
A taste explosion! A neat way to put a different whang on summer veggies.