Recipe by Jewelies
Veggie Fritters topped with yoghurt, feta and caramelised onions.
Top Review by little_wing
Wow. These were fabulous! A combination of flavors I never could have imagined. Thank good for the Zarr World Tour, or I might never have found this! Made just as written. I had some trouble getting the patties to stay together. We didn't mind, they tasted amazing. Thanks for sharing!
- 300 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 100 g cornstarch
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil, as needed,enough for shallow frying
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt, to serve
- 200 g marinated goat-milk feta, drained and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 750 g red Spanish onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- For onions, heat olive oil in a large skillet, add onion and stir occasionally over low heat for 20-30 minutes or until onions are soft and caramelised, set aside.
- Combine carrot and sweet potato in a colander, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add green onion, coriander, spices, cornstarch and egg, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 and, pressing firmly, shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat thin layer of oil in a non-stick skillet and cook fritters, in batches, over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer fritters to an oiled oven tray and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place fritters on a plate, top with a spoonful of yoghurt and some caramelised onions and scatter with crumbled feta.