Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Good stuff here that's both healthy and tasty. I find this easy to enjoy in the morning or evening.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved asiago cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat olive oil in 10-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add zucchini; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; stir until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- Pour egg mixture over hot vegetables in skillet; stir gently to combine, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook without stirring until eggs are set on bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over frittata. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and basil.
This is the first time I have ever tried Asiago cheese but I am now on the look out for other recipes, I thoroughly enjoyed this frittata (scaled back for 1 serve) and just salivated over all those lovely vegies though I did use 2 whole eggs for the egg mix and did not take as long to cook in the recipe instructions. Thank you Annacia for a healthy and filling breakfast, made for 123 hits tag game.
This was a very filling lunch. and makes 4 large servings for less than 200 calories, each! I did have to sub a white onion for the red and mushrooms for the zucchini because the produce at my grocery store this week didn't look that great. Very tasty frittata! Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely delicious, easy to make and healthy besides--what more can you ask for. I skipped the tomatoes and added some dried basil to the skillet (after the eggs). We served this with a tossed salad for a no-meat meal. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!