Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Good stuff here that's both healthy and tasty. I find this easy to enjoy in the morning or evening.
Make and share this Vegetable Frittata With Asiago Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved asiago cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat olive oil in 10-inch-diameter nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; sauté until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add zucchini; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; stir until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend.
- Pour egg mixture over hot vegetables in skillet; stir gently to combine, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook without stirring until eggs are set on bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over frittata. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and basil.
This is the first time I have ever tried Asiago cheese but I am now on the look out for other recipes, I thoroughly enjoyed this frittata (scaled back for 1 serve) and just salivated over all those lovely vegies though I did use 2 whole eggs for the egg mix and did not take as long to cook in the recipe instructions. Thank you Annacia for a healthy and filling breakfast, made for 123 hits tag game.
This was a very filling lunch. and makes 4 large servings for less than 200 calories, each! I did have to sub a white onion for the red and mushrooms for the zucchini because the produce at my grocery store this week didn't look that great. Very tasty frittata! Thanks for sharing.