Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe makes the weekend family breakfasts extra special and is a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables! I found this one in the American Baby Magazine that features easy yet satisfying meals for busy Moms and Dads! I've tried this with many variations of vegetables and I have yet to be disapointed.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese or 1 Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use seasond salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F In a 9 inch oven proof skillet, warm oil on med.
- Add garlic and onion; saute' for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables; saute' for 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs with milk, add 1/2 cup cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to skillet with vegetable mixture.
- ***Place in oven on upper rack.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
- ***you may also use a 9-inch baking dish if you do not have an oven proof skillet.
Very good! I made this yesterday as a little Mom's Day treat for us for lunch, and we all liked it a lot. I did make one change - I substituted chopped tomato and green pepper for the broccoli, but kept everything else the same. I will make this again for other brunches since it's so ggod and so easy to put together. Thanks.