Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a book I recieved in the Cookbook Swap. A type of Italian omelette. Serve this meatless version with a garden salad topped with your favourite dressing.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cartons Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- tomatoes, slices (optional)
- In medium saucepan combine broccoli, carrot and onion in water. .Bring to a boil. Cover an simmer 6-8 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat egg product,basil,parsley,mustard and pepper. thoroughly. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat. Spread cooked vegetables in the bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. As mixture sets run a spatula around edge of skillet lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath
- Continue cooking until almost set but still glossy.Remove from heat sprinkle with rest of cheese. Cover and let stand 3 minutes or until top is set.
- Cut into wedges to serve. If desired serve with tomato slices.
Since I wasn't going to serve this topped with tomatoes, I decided to add an additional ingredient ~ 1/8 cup of diced red bell pepper, mostly for the red, & we had really great breakfast A REALLY GREAT TASTING VEGGIE DISH, & I'll be keeping a copy of this recipe around! Many thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed while in Spain with the ZWT5]