Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and easy. Perfect for a work night or Sunday brunch. Good proof that dinner can be meat-free and delicious! I have made this with many types of vegetables and herbs-so be creative! Make sure you have an oven-ready skillet since the whole thing finishes off in the broiler. For dinner I like to serve this with a salad and a crusty bread.
- 8 eggs
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1⁄2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn or 1⁄2 cup canned corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Spray heavy skillet (preferrably non-stick) with cooking spray.
- Saute vegetables on medium heat until onions are soft and translucent. Add garlic and basil and saute for 30 seconds.
- Turn heat down to medium low and add egg mixture. Let sit in the pan for 2 minutes untouched.
- Gently stir mixture, starting from the edges and moving inward. Don't worry if some sticks to the bottom. Let mixture sit again so that it firms up. Stir occasionally and gently.
- Once it is almost fully set (still a little wet in the middle), sprinkle with the cheese and place in the broiler. I take the broiler pan out so that the skillet is far away from the flame.
- Check on it in every minute or so until it puffs up slightly and the cheese is to your liking.
- Let cool slightly and slice into wedges for serving.