Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This recipe comes from Jane and Michael Stern. It's a great way to use bounty from your veggie garden. Served with muffins and fruit, it makes a wonderful breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 cup mushroom
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream (I use half and half)
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 2 cups cubed white bread, crusts removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic in oil until soft. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat eggs and cream together in a large bowl. Add cream cheese in small bits. Add bread, cheddar, and cooled vegetables. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a well buttered 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake 55 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.