Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe 20 years ago when I was in home ec in high school. It is still a favorite.
- 1⁄3 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegetable oil and the seasonings. Set aside.
- In skillet, add the soy sauce all at once. Add the vegetable mixture, stir, and cover. Cook on medium heat for three minutes or until tender crisp. Set aside.
- Place eggs in a small dish and microwave until set (1 minute), stirring after 30 seconds (or scramble in a small skillet).
- Stir rice and eggs into the veggie mixture. Microwave 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring after 1 minute (or heat through in the saucepan).