Recipe by Dancer^
Feel free to substitute chopped cabbage, halved brussels sprouts, fresh green peas, or other vegetables for the green beans. I substituted with bean sprouts and peas.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made this for dinner tonight as part of a special meal cooked for Gandhi Jayanti(the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of India). I used water this time to cook the rice and salt to taste, but next time I will use Maggi broth and leave out the salt. Broth adds alot of flavour to the dish. My picky eater bro. had the most of this dish than anything else on the table;-) Thanks for the easy recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed or peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups cold cooked long grain brown rice
- tamari or soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or wok, heat water or broth to boiling.
- Add carrots and green beans, and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender.
- Remove lid and cook until water is evaporated.
- Transfer vegetables to a dish and add oil to the pan.
- Stir-fry green onions for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir-fry 2 more minutes.
- Add cooked vegetables and tamari or soy sauce.
- Heat through.