This is a Cambodian recipe known as Bai lieng pale. Go get you some jasmine rice and sriracha sauce, you should have everything else!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 4 cups jasmine rice (cooked)
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil, garlic, onion, peas, carrots, and cabbage.
- Season with soy sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, sriracha, stirring well.
- Stir in rice and cook until fluffy and hot.
This was Ok, but nothing special. It lacked oomph in the flavor department. As it was, I only used half the rice. If this is a side dish, the blandness would be fine. Maybe if I had doubled the sauce, it would have been yummier. Made for ZWT9.
This was quick, easy, and delicious--what more can you ask? It would also easily adapt to suit what you have on hand. I made 1 1/2 times the recipe and used broccoli and eggplant in place of some of the carrots. I also threw in a handful of edamame to add protein. I love the flavor the sriracha adds. I was worried about overdoing it so I used 1 t for the whole batch, but in the end I added some extra on my plate and wouldn't hesitate to increase it even for my kids. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.