Another recipe by Brenda Walsh from her cooking demonstration "A little taste of Asia." This fried rice is made vegan (no egg) so it's healthier with zero cholesterol. Watch vegetables carefully as you don’t want to overcook them. Try adding other vegetables, such as red bell pepper, zucchini, turnips or eggplant. If you like a little spice, add 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper. Mmm Mmm good! Cooking time doesn't include cooking the brown rice. I usually cook my brown rice in a rice cooker and it takes about 20minutes.
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon vegan chicken seasoning (I use Mckay's Chicken-Style Seasoning)
- soy sauce, to taste (or Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet, and sauté onion until clear and tender. Add cashews, carrots, broccoli, peas and corn. When carrots are almost tender, add snow peas, cooked rice and seasonings.
- Pour into platter and serve hot.