Recipe by Lainey39
Sesame oil gives this dish a nutty flavor, but if you don't have it, you can use canola oil instead. For the fluffiest fried rice, start with cold rice - it won't clump like warm rice can. Recipe is from Woman's World.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I really enjoyed the flavour imparted by the sesame oil. This versatile recipe would be good with the addition of tofu or chicken. It was also very quick to prepare and cook - very much appreciated when time is short. Made for ZAAR STARS TAG GAME.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- scallion, strips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce and lime juice; set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in red pepper and carrots; cook until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture; cook stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add peas; cook 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and, if desired, garnish with scallion.