Recipe by lazyme
From the July 1997 Ladies Home Journal, this rice can be served as either an entree or a side dish.
Top Review by Boomette
I used all my soy sauce tonight before doing this recipe so instead I used black bean sauce. I think that's a great substitution since it's salty and is asian LOL I used left than 1/2 cup of ginger cause I had a small piece left. I didn't thaw the corn and peas. I just put them in the skillet. Thanks Lazyme for this yummy recipe. Made for Photo tag.
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup ginger, julienned
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 1 cup peas, thawed
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Rinse in colander under cold water until cool.
- Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook ginger 3 minutes, stirring twice, until golden and crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in corn, peas and green onions; cook 5 minutes.
- Add rice and vinegar mixture; cook 2 minutes until rice is heated through.
- Stir in reserved ginger.