1/1 Photo of Vegetable Fried Rice
I finally figured out how to make fried rice without having it stick to the bottom of the pan! It is really easy to make, easy to double, to adjust to your personal taste and it can be made ahead of time. You can also stir in another protein (i.e. tofu or chicken) in the end to make it a whole meal! It is a kids favorite and goes great with almost any meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (or 1 tsp of garlic powder)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil (enough to saute the onion or garlic and then to coat the rice)
- 1 dash sesame chili oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 eggs, scrambled and chopped (no other ingredient in the scrambled eggs)
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (optional)
- 1In a high sided skillet (that has a cover) over medium high heat, heat vegetable oil and sesame chili oil. Saute the onion and garlic, and rice until the rice is solid white or lightly browned.
- 2Immediately pour the water into the skillet and bring to a boil then lower it to a simmer on low heat.
- 3Cover & cook on low (simmer) until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. DO NOT STIR while rice is cooking. About 20-25 minutes.
- 4After rice is done. Carefully stir the frozen mixed vegetables and let sit on low heat for another 5 minutes. The gently stir in the scrambled eggs.
- 5Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Stir in soy sauce (optional) for asian flair!
- 8NOTE - if using fresh vegetables, stir them in before you turn the water down to a simmer and let them cook with the rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 70.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sesame chili oil