1/1 Photo of Vegetable Fried Brown Rice
Mims & Squims's Note:
Tired of being let down by take-out, I begged this recipe off a coworker's mom who owned a Chinese restaurant, and I have yet to find one that tops it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice (refrigerated overnight)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup peas, cooked (optional)
- 1/4 cup egg white
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In saucepan, bring water & rice to boil. STir frequently so it doesn't stick.
- 2Reduce heat, cover & simmer 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3In large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium heat. Add cooked rice & sauté until lightly golden.
- 4Add onions, salt, carrots, & sprouts. Stir-fry 5 minutes until vegetables are tender yet crisp.
- 5Hollow out a circle in center of skillet. Pour egg whites into hollow & cook, lightly scrambling.
- 6Stir egg into rice mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with light soy sauce, sesame oil, & chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Fried Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 848.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g