Recipe by Aunt Paula
Strange name, but very yummy side dish. I'm not a fan of frozen mix veggies, but when done this way I sure am! I've used a 16 oz. bag and it worked just fine, and I've always used the cracker crumbs on mine.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
This is a really good recipe. I like the frozen mixed veggies just cooked according to the directions, but I am the only one in the family that likes them that way. DH ate this tonight and enjoyed. That alone gets it a 5 star, not to mention that I loved it also!!!!
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook veggies according to package, adding 2 Tbsp.
- butter, the salt, and garlic salt.
- To 8 tbsp.
- melted butter add flour to make paste.
- Stir into veggies and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cheese.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and cover with crushed Ritz crackers or bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.