Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Strange name, but very yummy side dish. I'm not a fan of frozen mix veggies, but when done this way I sure am! I've used a 16 oz. bag and it worked just fine, and I've always used the cracker crumbs on mine.
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese
- Cook veggies according to package, adding 2 Tbsp.
- butter, the salt, and garlic salt.
- To 8 tbsp.
- melted butter add flour to make paste.
- Stir into veggies and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cheese.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and cover with crushed Ritz crackers or bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
This is a really good recipe. I like the frozen mixed veggies just cooked according to the directions, but I am the only one in the family that likes them that way. DH ate this tonight and enjoyed. That alone gets it a 5 star, not to mention that I loved it also!!!!
okay - I did not follow the recipe and it would likely still get the 5 stars. I didn't have time to bake it, so I cooked the vegetables with butter - then added garlic salt, sour cream, and monterrey jack/colby cheese. Blended it well til the cheese was melted and served it up. wonderful. Am sure baking it would make it exceptional.
Very yummy rich creamy vegetable dish. Next time I will use a little less flour - mine was a little pasty.