Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
pasta bake with a difference.
- 300 g dried spiral pasta
- 500 g vegetables, florets (broccoli and cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 g sliced ham, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup kraft* cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Cook pasta according to pack directions; drain. Boil or steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender; drain.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and ham and sauté for 5 minutes. Whisk together the milk, cheese spread, flour, eggs, paprika and seasoning, add to the pan and heat 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Gently combine sauce mixture, pasta, florets and basil in a greased 2 litre baking dish. Top with tomatoes and grated cheese and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes covered, then a further 15 minutes uncovered until golden.
Very easy to make and looks pretty. I used sharp cheddar for the cheese. I thought the texture was a little dry and sticky. I would probably only use 1 egg and add more milk next time. Thanx!