Recipe by evelyn/athens
Crisp-tender veggies swirled in a creamy/cheesy/eggy sauce. Too good! Just omit the bacon to make this a vegetarian version.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
just wanted to let ellie2 know that there's no problem with the eggs as they do actually 'cook' on the hot pasta. It is the same way you make carbonara. Your children are safe eating this.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 lb) package fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with cream in small bowl and set aside.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon, crumble and set aside.
- Add all vegetables to skillet and saute in bacon fat until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Cook fettucine until al dente; drain well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add butter and toss thoroughly.
- Add egg/cream mixture and toss lightly with two forks to distribute egg and æcook' it on the hot pasta.
- Add vegetables, bacon and cheese and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Needs nothing more than a green salad and a glass of wine.