Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crisp-tender veggies swirled in a creamy/cheesy/eggy sauce. Too good! Just omit the bacon to make this a vegetarian version.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 lb) package fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Beat eggs with cream in small bowl and set aside.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon, crumble and set aside.
- Add all vegetables to skillet and saute in bacon fat until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Cook fettucine until al dente; drain well.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add butter and toss thoroughly.
- Add egg/cream mixture and toss lightly with two forks to distribute egg and æcook' it on the hot pasta.
- Add vegetables, bacon and cheese and toss again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Needs nothing more than a green salad and a glass of wine.
just wanted to let ellie2 know that there's no problem with the eggs as they do actually 'cook' on the hot pasta. It is the same way you make carbonara. Your children are safe eating this.
Although I used the vegetables that were listed, I think it would be very easy to use whatever was handy. Although the sauce is very good (and doesn't taste like you are eating raw eggs)I felt a bit apprehensive about eating raw eggs and therefore would hesitate giving this dish to children.