Recipe by Just Cher
This pasta dish is rich and satisfying and also makes a beautiful presentation. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread
Top Review by love4culinary
I love a nice meal with pasta and veggies. This made the perfect meal on a busy night. The green onions added that "oomph" that I always think is needed, and the sauce was just splendid. The mixture of veggies was very nice in this vegetable fettucine. Thanks for the recipe :) The only thing I did was use 4 cloves of garlic instead of 2... Im a garlic freak :) lol I will be making this again, for sure.
- 2 small zucchini, unpeeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, pared and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package fettuccine
- 4 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté first 5 ingredients in butter in a large skillet for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil, salt & pepper- set aside.
- Cook fettuccine separately in two dutch ovens according to package directions (omitting salt), drain.
- Combine fettuccine and vegetables in one Dutch oven, toss gently.
- Simmer mixture until heated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Beat egg yolks and whipping cream until foamy, add fettuccine mixture, tossing gently.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.