Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great with chips/dip, rice pilaf and beans.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 small summer squash
- 1 cup corn
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces diced green chilies
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese
- corn tortilla
- oil (for frying)
- enchilada sauce, on other recipe
- Preheat Oven 425 degrees.
- Cut bell pepper and squash into matchsticks. Toss matchsticks, onion, and corn in vegetable oil and arrange evenly in a large shallow baking pan. Put in oven and roast till vegetables are crisp, but tender (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove vegetables and lower heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry tortillas.
- Spread enchilada sauce onto the tortillas.
- Put small amount of vegetables along with 1 teaspoons green chiles and 2-3 T cheese across tortilla.
- Roll and place tortilla in oiled baking dish.
- Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 5-10 more minutes.