Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Food Revolution Day
- 600 g cooked leftover brown rice
- 100 g frozen peas
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, plus extra to taste
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- sesame oil
- 1 lime
- 6 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 100 g baby corn
- 1⁄2 a bunch fresh coriander
- Use your fingers to crumble up the cold rice so the grains aren’t stuck together.
- Remove the peas from the freezer and leave to defrost. Meanwhile….
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk well.
- Place the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and 1 tablespoon sesame oil into a small bowl.
- Cut the lime in half on a chopping board, then squeeze in the juice from 1 half. Whisk well.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions. Peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Halve the pepper, scrape out the seeds and white pith with a teaspoon, then slice lengthways into strips.
- Halve the baby corn lengthways.
- Pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then finely slice the stalks.
- Place a large wok over a high heat and add 2 tablespoons sesame oil.
- Once hot, carefully add the garlic and coriander stalks and cook for 30 seconds, then add the chopped vegetables and peas.
- Fry for 1 minute, or until slightly softened, stirring regularly.
- Add the rice and stir well, making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with a lid or tin foil and cook for 2 minutes, or until the rice is piping hot through.
- Once piping hot, use a wooden spoon to push the rice and vegetables to one side of the pan.
- Working quickly, pour the egg mixture into the empty space in the pan and cook for 1 minute to scramble it slightly, stirring continuously.
- Fold the egg into the rice and vegetables, then take the pan off the heat.
- Stir in the lime dressing, then divide between your bowls.
- Scatter over the reserved coriander leaves, then serve straightaway.