From the Honolulu star. A fantastic vegetarian dim sum which is low fat. We can't find won ton wrappers near us so we used Squares of filo pastry which works excellently (but alters the fat content)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups minced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced fresh spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 60 wonton wrappers, for steaming
- 4 leaves lettuce or 4 leaves kale or 4 leaves spinach
- 1Combine mushrooms, onion, spinach, garlic, ginger root, curry powder, sherry, egg whites, soy sauce and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Mix thoroughly.
- 3Place a tablespoon of the mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper.
- 4Raise the corners and pinch them together, leaving a small opening for steam to escape.
- 5Line the bottom of a steamer basket with lettuce, kale or spinach leaves.
- 6Place a layer of dumplings in the steamer, and steam until dumplings are done, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 325.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: