Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This vegetable dip is different, in that it contains whipping cream, not sour cream. The texture is lighter, but the taste is wonderful with fresh vegetables. Please note: Cook time is chill time!
- 1 cup mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients. Stir well.
- Chill 3 hours.
- Serve with fresh vegetables.
I used double cream rather than whipping cream,but it whipped up beautifully.This went down very well with my DH's footie mates,who dipped their veggies to their hearts content.A really tasty dip,that really compliments the crudites. Thanks for posting.Made for PhotoTag.
Doing my normal early morning search on this site and your recipe sounds ideal. I live in Portugal most of the winter where sour cream (the usual base for dips) is not all that common so looking forward to trying this one. Sorry I can't rate it yet but will do so when it has been tested by friends.