Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crunchy vegtable salad with a twist of dill. Comes from midwestern living magazine.
- 2 3⁄4 cups shell pasta (uncooked)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions;drain and rinse in cold water and place in large bowl.
- Add tomatoes ,bell pepper,cheese,onions and olives to pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil,lemon juice,vinegar,spices & pepper.
- Pour over salad, toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
loved this salad i used the other 1/2 of my red onion also .this is aheartier salad than your other one but still is good on these hot days i made enough pasta for both dishes so i only had to heat up the house once
This will be one of our favorite pasta salads! I used regular tomatoes, red bell peppers, low fat cheese and left out the olives (we don't care for them). Loved the dill flavor. Will be making this one again. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
This is a lovely quick mid week meal. I used black sliced olives and threw in some home grown rocket. I forgot the red pepper - it is still sitting diced up in the fridge - I am so cross with myself !!!