Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe but it is a great fresh tasting spring and summer soup. Even my children like it! Serve with a crusty bread and an icy drink for a light meal.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut in 1/8 inch rounds
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large potato, un-peeled, scrubbed and cubed
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dill weed (or 2 T fresh baby dill)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans, cut in 2 in. pieces
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 medium cauliflower, cut flowerets in half
- Add olive oil to large pot. Heat to a moderate temperature. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Saute, stirring 6-8 minutes. Don’t brown onions.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, stock, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to low. Simmer 25 minutes.
- Add dill, beans, peas and cauliflower. Return to boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minute or until vegetables are barely tender. Serve hot.