Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A low cholesterol option for you heart-health conscious picnic-loving folks! The trick here is discarding the eggs yolks but still retaining delicious flavor. You can also use the filling as a low-fat veggie dip or a spread for sandwiches. Extremely versatile recipe.
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, drained
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 15 hard-boiled eggs, cut in half, yolks discarded
- paprika (for garnish)
- parsley (optional)
- Place onion, carrot, and celery in food processor with metal blade inserted and chop fine.
- Add cottage cheese, mayo, sugar, and lemon juice to mix and blend until smooth.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon into each egg-white half. Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired.
My DH has a favorite devilled egg version I always have to make, but I gotta tell ya ... This is 1 terrific idea!