Recipe by Sana
I found similar recipes posted on the site. But, all of them use bread crumbs for coating the cutlets. Try using semolina - they look beautiful and come out evenly coated and taste crunchy too. Measures are estimates. Use seasonings to suit your taste
Top Review by love4culinary
My husband is a huge cutlet fan. I think he would eat anything if it was made into a cutlet! hehe. There were quite enjoyable, but i felt that they could have used a bit more flavor. After I fried a few, I decided to mix in a bit of garlic paste and some chopped coriander. Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 potatoes, boiled
- 1⁄2 cup boiled peas
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped finely and boiled
- 1⁄2 cup French beans, chopped finely and boiled
- 4 -5 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup semolina
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger paste
- oil, to deep fry
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and mash the potatoes.
- Mix together all ingredients except the semolina.
- Shape into patties with a greased hand.
- Roll in crumbs or rawa. Heat oil to deep fry.
- Fry in hot oil on medium, till crisp and brown.
- Turn, repeat for other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with green chutney #156498 and tamarind chutneys #156496 or tomato ketchup.
- Serving suggestions: Serve as snacks or appetizers. Alternatively make a meal - use them as a between two slices of bread applying the chutneys to the bread. Yummy!