Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A vegetarian cutlet from the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery (Jewish Cookery).
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped cooked green peppers
- 1 1⁄4 cups tightly packed grated raw carrots
- 1 1⁄4 cups tightly packed chopped raw spinach
- 3 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon grated raw onion
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups matzo meal
- melted vegetable shortening
- Mix vegetables and parsley. Beat eggs with salt and add to vegetables, beating until mixture is well blended and smooth. Stir in matzo meal and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Form into patties about 3" in diameter and fry in shallow shortening until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy!