Prep 1 min
Cook 25 mins
This is another old recipe on crumbled yellow newspaper. I used to make it all the time because it is easy to make and uses normal household staples. Try it!
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 bay leaves
- 20 ounces chickpeas, undrained
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add frozen potatoes and cook until heat through.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet heat the other 2 tablespoons oil, cook cumin seeds until brown (about 45 seconds).
- Turn heat down to medium low and add onions, chiles, salt, coriander, turmeric and bay leaves.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chick peas and cooked potatoes.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.