This is another old recipe on crumbled yellow newspaper. I used to make it all the time because it is easy to make and uses normal household staples. Try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat.
- 2Add frozen potatoes and cook until heat through.
- 3Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4In the same skillet heat the other 2 tablespoons oil, cook cumin seeds until brown (about 45 seconds).
- 5Turn heat down to medium low and add onions, chiles, salt, coriander, turmeric and bay leaves.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add chick peas and cooked potatoes.
- 8Stir to combine.
- 10Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Curry (Alu Chole Mater)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 558.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g