Recipe by kleigh83
i fell in love with curry when i was in japan. ha! here is a great meat-less version.
Top Review by Gina Rae Vinson
Very good! I didn't have any sweet potatoes so I used regular potatoes. I left out the mint because I didn't have any. I did add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar because the coconut milk I bought this time was very bland.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup peeled cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened (4-5 minutes).
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in coconut milk, broth, and curry.
- Cook mixture until thick and bubbly (2-3 minutes).
- Add carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in mint and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
- I like to serve this over basmati rice but regular white rice will do.