i fell in love with curry when i was in japan. ha! here is a great meat-less version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup peeled cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened (4-5 minutes).
- 3Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Slowly stir in coconut milk, broth, and curry.
- 5Cook mixture until thick and bubbly (2-3 minutes).
- 6Add carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- 8Stir in mint and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 9Serve hot.
- 10I like to serve this over basmati rice but regular white rice will do.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: