Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
i fell in love with curry when i was in japan. ha! here is a great meat-less version.
Make and share this Vegetable Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup peeled cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened (4-5 minutes).
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in coconut milk, broth, and curry.
- Cook mixture until thick and bubbly (2-3 minutes).
- Add carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato, cauliflower, and broccoli.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, until vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in mint and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
- I like to serve this over basmati rice but regular white rice will do.
Very good! I didn't have any sweet potatoes so I used regular potatoes. I left out the mint because I didn't have any. I did add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar because the coconut milk I bought this time was very bland.
A good basic recipe and a fine starting point for personalizing with favorite or alternative veggies. The curry powder I had on hand was fairly mild, so I added an eigth of a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. I took the dish to a potluck and served it about 4 hours after preparing it. The heat had developed but was not overpowering or one note. The dish was praised with great praise by my buddies. It is easy to overcook the sweet potato.