1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups butternut squash (about half medium squash)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth or 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- hot cooked rice
- 1In Dutch oven or large saucepan,heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add potatoes; sprinkle with curry, flour, cumin and pepper; cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in broth; bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Add squash; simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 7Stir in lentils (if using) and cook until heated just heated through.
- 8Season with salt and more pepper to taste.
- 9Sprinkle with coriander and serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 162.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: