Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups butternut squash (about half medium squash)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth or 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- hot cooked rice
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan,heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes; sprinkle with curry, flour, cumin and pepper; cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Stir in broth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add squash; simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir in lentils (if using) and cook until heated just heated through.
- Season with salt and more pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve over rice.
This was delicious. My daughter is vegetarian so I am always looking for new recipes to cook for her. The whole family enjoyed it. I will be making this again soon. Thanks
Good winter warmer, used uncooked lentils, added them at step 6. Easy,delicious and nutritious.
was looking for a healthy, tasty vegitarian meal for midweek, and this really ticked the boxes. this is very different from the usual food that i cook but i will definitely be cooking this again, very cheap too! thanks!