Recipe by NotQuiteVegetarian
A delicious curry accompaniment adapted from Charmaine Solomon's Asian Collection cookbook. I subbed minced chili for fresh chilies and left out 1/2 teaspoon of blacan (fresh shrimp paste) that the original recipe called for. Also I crushed the garlic, rather than chopping it.
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced red chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 250 ml thin coconut cream
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 ml thick coconut cream
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onion, garlic, chili, turmeric and thin coconut cream into a saucepan.
- Stir well and bring to simmering point.
- Add potato and cook for 10 minutes or until potato is half cooked.
- Add cabbage and salt.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add thick coconut cream.
- Stir gently until cabbage is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice to taste.