Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
yummy, hearty autumn-time food! (and healthy too!)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, puree
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 100 g mushrooms
- 140 ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 200 g chickpeas
- 175 g cauliflower
- 75 g margarine
- 175 g whole wheat flour
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- pre-heat oven: gas mark 6/400F/200°C.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, carrots, courgette, and mushrooms, along with the stock and seasoning.
- reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and cauliflower and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a 1.5 litre (3pint) ovenproof dish.
- Crumble topping:.
- Rub the margarine into the flour, stir in the cheese (and 25g salted peanuts if you'd like!).
- Sprinkle over the vegetables, levelling the surface.
- Bake for approximately 30 mins or until the surface is golden.