1/1 Photo of Vegetable Couscous Salad With Parmesan
Is there a better summer dish than couscous? Fast, easy and barely any cooking; this couscous salad has fresh summer vegetables all mixed together with a light lemon juice and oregano dressing. One of my favorite couscous preparations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, finely minced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced (I like to leave them unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (taste first, Parmesan is pretty salty)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Bring broth to a boil in a saucepan; add couscous, remove from heat, cover and let stand for about 5 minutes, until couscous has absorbed broth.
- 2Let cool, then place in a bowl and fluff with a fork.
- 3Add tomato, green onions, cucumber, parsley and Parmesan cheese to the couscous.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and peppers.
- 5Pour over the salad, mixing well.
- 6Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours; bring to room temperature to eat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Couscous Salad With Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 789.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: