Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Different then spaghetti.
- 1 cup water or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup couscous
- 3⁄4 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (can be toasted)
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce, warmed on stove
- Pour water or broth in medium saucepan and add broccoli, pepper, scallion, olive oil, and salt; bring to boil.
- Turn off heat and add couscous and chickpeas. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes or until couscous has absorbed water.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon onto plates and top each with marinara sauce.