Recipe by bmcnichol
We recently found couscous and this is one way my family enjoys it.4
Top Review by Lalaloula
This couscous recipe is really, really yummy! The veggies go great together and the spices are just right. I especially enjoyed the tad of heat from the hot pepper sauce. I made this vegetarian using veggie broth and gluten free using quinoa. It worked out really well and Ill surely make this again.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, bmcnichol. What a quick, easy and delicious recipe!
Made and reviewed for PRMR Tag February 2012.
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup julienned yellow sweet pepper
- 1⁄4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute the carrots, onion and peppers in oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the next five ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the couscous.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and remove from the heat and let stand for 5-8 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.