Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup couscous
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Bring the water to a boil, add the butter, couscous, salt and pepper, garbanzo beans and zucchini.
- Stir, cover.
- Remove it from the heat and allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a fork to fluff up.
Nice, light, and healthy recipe. The zucchini seem to be a bit strange at first, but work out quite well. Use freshly cracked pepper liberally.
This was quite good. I seemed to have way too much zucchini, however. Not sure if we interpret "small" different..that could be why. Even though I sliced the zucchini thin, it didn't seem to steam or cook at all during the 5 minutes that the pot sits. I'm not sure if it's because I had such an abundance of zuc in the pot or not.