Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Simple, easy, quick to the table, and my family loves it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 cup fine couscous
- 1 (2 ounce) envelopespring vegetable soup mix (Knorr)
- 3 cups boiling water
- Melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in shallots; stir/saute for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add in couscous; stir to coat the grains with butter; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Take pan off of stove burner; stir in the soup mix; add in 2 cups water and stir.
- Let mixture stand in the pan for 7 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous and add the remaining water; cover pan and let couscous stand for 5 more minutes.
- Stir before serving.
This was my first time making and eating Couscous. We loved this. I did change it up a bit. I only used two cups of water and didn't add the butter and shallot. I just boiled the water, added the soup and then the Couscous. It smelled so good while it was cooking and was so easy to make. I will be making this again.
Five stars because it was very tasty and easy! You could easily toast pine nuts and stir those in at the end for a nice nutty add in!
This was really good. I didn't add the final cup of water though because it seemed a little wet at that point, instead I just put the lid back on and let it stand a little longer and it came out perfect! Maybe the difference with the amount of water used was due to the couscous I used or something?!? Either way, 5 stars!