Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adds a little color and flavor to plain white rice.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bouillon (or 1 cube)
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I use basmati)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, butter and bouillon to a boil; stir to dissolve bouillon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
This is a nice mild flavored rice. I added salt and pepper to it, next time I'll try some celery salt too. My husband really like this and it was nice to get in some extra veggies. Thanks for posting!
What a nice easy dress-up for white rice! I too used chicken broth instead of water and bouillon. I may try it with some fresh or frozen peas stirred in next time for added color! Went well with a salmon dish.
Excellent, tasty rice dish. Easy to prepare too. My family enjoyed it and I will definitely make this again. I used canned chicken broth instead of water/bouillon because it's what I had on hand.