Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This low-sodium side dish seems like a great way to clean out the veggie drawer, substituting whatever vegetables are on hand. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth, plus
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil and 2 tablespoons chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring the scallions and garlic in the oil/broth mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining chicken broth (1/2 cup) and vegetables; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Sprinkle with herbs and pepper.
This was quit good! I set the timer for 20 minutes because I was grilling outdoors which I found to be a bit to long. I do like my vegies with more of a crunch. But this was a nice comfort food dish in the softer state. I skipped the zucchini. Made a quich with the leftovers! Thanks!