1/12 Photos of Vegetable Coleslaw (Barefoot Contessa) Ina Garten
1 hr 15 mins
I consider this the world's best coleslaw. This is from the first Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. It allegedly serves 8-10 but I find that half the recipe serves that many. It is wonderful as soon as made and better after the flavors have melded. Cooking time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb white cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 3/4 lb red cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 5 carrots
- 2 cups mayonnaise (I recommend Hellman's with a squeeze of lemon)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon celery salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Shred the cabbages.
- 2Grate the carrots.
- 3Combine cabbages and carrots.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, and celery salt, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
- 5Pour enough of the dressing over the vegetables to moisten them.
- 6Chill. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Coleslaw (Barefoot Contessa) Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.9
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 663.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: