Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad not only looks beautiful, and tastes great, but it is very easy to make. It goes with anything! I have paired it with corned beef, submarine sandwiches, as well as picnic's, brunches, and pot-lucks.
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- Shred cabbage and mix with finely chopped onion, celery, bell peppers and grated carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, and white wine vinegar.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add mayonnaise and caraway seeds, if using, and toss lightly, until mixture is creamy.
Delicious! I made a few changes, I reduced the celery, used only green cabbage, used seasoned salt and lots fresh ground black pepper, I also added in 1 teaspoon garlic powder, make certain to hand-squeeze out all excess moisture in the carrots or you will have a very liquidy salad, I finely-grated one lare carrot for this, that was plenty for this salad, great recipe thanks for sharing hon!
Outstanding slaw. I shredded everything in the food processor to make quick work of the prep. The flavors of the veggies and the dressing are excellent. DH said he can't wait to have it with his dinner again tomorrow.